Thursday 24 April 2008

Nyika national park - Chitimba


what a mess ive got!
doing what i do best on lake malawi
sunset meraviglioso!
love the kids in this country
my funny posing gentleman


Another really easy day. had a small puncture. a nail in my tyre. great way to start the day. we then moved onto getting past the dirt road section. hit the tar and then started cruising again. reaaaaaaaall......y slowly. as we do best. met a wonderful old man on the street who was posing for me in his bright red sport jacket. cruised into Chitimba beach camp half asleep from the slow driving to find an overland truck full of young people that we knew roasting a pig on the spit. we were invited to join them and proceed to end the day off to a good party on lake malawi, a full moon and so many lovely people. missing my girlfriend a helluva lot right now. its been far too long and i just cant believe how lucky i am to have a girl that supports my decision to go travelling for 8 months. in chitimba i worked on my bike agian. my rear tyre was completely finished. couldnt loosen the 46 but on the back. so took the tyre off without even taking the rim off the bike. it works! well.. sort of. managed anyhow... and had to replace the dot4 in my phantom rear brake. my rear brake has been working on and off for the past 6 months. its a complete mystery to all of us. as there is nothing logical about the way it behaves. i lose pressure, gain it again. some times it goes completely then comes back.... strange one. a ghost in my brake.

No comments: